Custom Search

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A New Hobby











Well, now that my weight is finally off of my mind, I can think about more important things... although being a stay at home mom I couldn't think of any (ha ha). Nevertheless, I want to do things that I feel that can contribute to society so I make blogs now, and I have taken up macrame jewelry making (also known as hemp jewelry).

my first project










It wasn't easy at first. I bought a kit from Michaels (the craft superstore) and tried to read their instructions... it took me several days and a couple failed attempts, and then I finally turned to You Tube and found a really good macrame teacher. I have included the video here so she can help you too.

I made this choker (picture above) with 2 strands of solid black hemp and 2 strands of the tan hemp. When you weave them together in a square knot, it comes out really pretty like this. I picked out a cross charm and just slid it in to two of the strands as I was weaving. You can use whatever you like. If you enjoy shopping online, you can get hemp jewelry stuff by clicking here.

No comments: