Custom Search

Thursday, December 13, 2007

We have to change this!

Habits are the hardest thing, believe me, I know! Well I have had this one particular habit since I was a teenager of comparing myself to movie stars as lots of us do. For inspiration, or just to hate someone, either way in the end we loose because we are constantly comparing to someone else. Something that is either airbrushed or altered (look at the tabloids compared to the fresh faced covers of magazines and you should get my point). Anyone can look good when there are personnel there to create it.

You can even get in trouble comparing to YOURSELF! That's right, the "old you". I do it all the time, and I have gotten so many eye rolls from my husband I fear his eyes may fall out!

:) It is a constant battle, but we must be willing to fight! Don't give up, don't give in! You are just as good as everyone else!I am happy at my new weight (in case you didn't know I'm at (122), but I have recently taken steps to change my own way of thinking.

First, I stopped going to gossip sites. I don't read the latest on Britney Spears anymore. I feel she is a terrible influence on me and I want all bad ifluences out of my life.

My hotmail account used to open up to the latest news and gossip about the "hottest stars", well there is an option to change it where it automatically opens to your inbox when you log in, so I did this as well.

It has been a week since I started going cold turkey on all rediculous media and who's fat, and whos not gossip and I can tell you that it's working great for me! Up until I decided to write this post, I hadn't even thought about my weight, or anyone elses image for that matter.

Bottom line, I have discovered way more important things that need my attention, and everything else is a hinderance and waste of time.

No comments: