Custom Search

Monday, November 19, 2007

LOPSIDED!

Have you ever heard of this happening? I lost a lot of weight (for my build), and a few months later, I look in the mirror, and notice, that I am lopsided! This is so weird! Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

True, I lost weight, but even at my new weight of 123 I had my leftover lovehandles, however much smaller than they were before. A couple of days ago I got to looking in the mirror and noticed that one side looked smaller than the other.

This is what I notice: On one side, you can see my hip bone sticking out and on the other side, all you see is my spare tire! No hip bone! I even asked my husband to check it out too just in case I was imagining things and he had me stand every which way, thinking maybe I was standing funny, or somehow making it appear that way, but he came to the same conclusion as me... There is a definite difference in the sizes of my right and left side areas!

I do have a theory. I have been watching "The biggest Loser" on TV which has been a great motivation for me to get toned up now that I have lost my weight. Well, one night they talked about situps, and said that the most effective and fastest way to tone up everything in your midsection is to lay on your back on the floor and bicycle your legs, at the same time you are leaning up to a situp and touching your elbows to your knees, alternating back and forth. Well, I have been doing this faithfully for some time now. It feels really good and you can tell its working. I am right handed, so I figure that when I am pulling up, I may be favoring my right side, therefore my right side has become tighter.

So what am I doing to remedy my lopsidedness? I am consciously trying to focus on the left side as I do my situps and other exercises in a bid to even myself out.

I don't completely look at this as a bad thing because at least this way, hey, I can at least tell that somethings working being able to compare it to my other side. How many people can say that? and have you heard of such a thing happening. If so, please leave me your comments and thanks for reading.

No comments: