Custom Search

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New study on weight loss

It was no surprise to me to read this article recently about the fact that people don't usually lose weight with exercise alone.

But let me tell you why exercising works for me and thousands of other people. When I begin exercising, I recognize that I'll be hungrier and plan accordingly. For instance, portion control. I make sure that I'm measuring out my portions, and planning for healthy snacks like apples, bananas, etc.

Sometimes I get these weird cravings too where I just want to chew on something. While in the past that might of meant eating everything in sight, I make sure that I have a bag of baby carrots in the fridge to snack on and I have as many as I want.

Though I totally get what the article is saying about people exercising and then 'rewarding' themselves by pigging out, it's not how it has to be. You CAN successfully lose weight exercising. Look around, people do it every day. So don't throw out your exercise bike after reading that article, just do some smart planning.

dont give up Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: