Custom Search

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Motivation




I haven't been to the doctor in a while. Frankly, I hate going and don't like taking pills every day, so I try to avoid it at all costs. (Also, last time I was at the doctor I weighed in at an embarassing 141 pounds)

I have been exercising regularly with my husband. Finally he has gotten in on it and it helps me so much to have someone to push me. So I do whatever he tells me to, which he has me do what they do in the military so it's great (and tiring!) Sometimes I wonder if I can get out of bed the next day he works me so hard!!! Obviously, I think everyone realizes that when you are on your own it presents extra work on your part, and when you have someone that can hold you accountable it just makes it a whole lot easier.

So now I have a doctor's appointment coming up and want to be in tip top shape so they will brag on me :) so I am trying to step up my regiment even more so they will be ever so impressed.

Right now, I am weighing in at 122 pounds, I know that doesn't sound like a lot probably to most but since having kids I hold the weight differently and believe it or not, still have work to do.

In high school, I weighed 125 pounds size 5- all muscle. After my first child I lost weight to 119 and looked too thin and wore a size 3. Things change and after child #2 I am 122 pounds, with most all my weight settled in my hips, so I may weigh less technically than I did in high school, but I am a size 7. Weird huh?

And that is why I have switched gears from just focusing mainly on dieting, to focusing mostly on activity level, and making sure I do lots of cardio (jumping jacks, etc) and lots of military sit ups.

Since my core is where I need to lose my excess weight, this is what I am focusing on in my exercise routine. I will keep you posted as to if I succeed or not. Wish me luck!

No comments: